Advertisement

Maha Govt To Fund 18 stalled JNNURM Projects

The quantum of funds, which the Centre was supposed to provide for the projects, will now be provided by the state and local governing bodies for the completion of these 18 stalled projects

?

The Maharashtra government today decided to complete the pending projects that were initiated under the Jawaharlal Nehru National Urban Renewal Mission (JNNURM), but got stuck midway after the NDA government at the Centre stopped funding them.

The quantum of funds, which the Centre was supposed to provide for the projects, will now be provided by the state and local governing bodies for the completion of these projects.

The state Urban Development Department today issued a government resolution (GR), giving a list of 18 projects that would be completed by the state government.

As per the GR, the government also increased the share of funds that the local governing bodies will have to provide.

"The funds, which the Centre was supposed to provide, will now be raised by the state and local governing bodies. Of the total required funds, 80 per cent share will come from the state, which the rest 20 per cent will come from the local governing bodies," the GR said.

According to the GR, the total cost of the 18 projects is Rs 2,673.45 crore, which include five projects from Pune district alone.

"Earlier, all the projects were getting funds from the Centre, the state government as well as the local governing bodies. However, after the Centre stopped funding, that share of funds was required for the completion of the projects," a senior officer from the UDD said.


Tags assigned to this article:
jnnurm maharashtra government maharastra govt

Around The World

Our Publications

Advertisement